Thursday, November 5, 2009

Avast PC scan for viruses took over 1 hour, is this normal.?

I use AVG and Windows Defender and yes it is normal mine can take an hour to an hour and a half.



Avast PC scan for viruses took over 1 hour, is this normal.?moto guzzi



Yes it's normal, I use avast as well. I have about 20 gigs worth of files on my drive and it takes right at an hour scanning on "thorough" with archived files included.



Avast PC scan for viruses took over 1 hour, is this normal.?norton internet security 2008



Yes depending on your system. Keep Avast it's the best free Anti Virus protection that I have used to date. still using it.
Depending on the size of your hard disk - yes this is normal. It does search every file on your computer - something most other AV's don't do. Trust Avast - it will warn you if a virus is trying to gain entry. I've had Avast for 5 years and never had a virus get past it.
it depends on how much stuff you have on your computer
Might be that you've too many programs on your PC. I've got Norton and it takes a lot less than 1 hour.
yes,and it an take much longer depending on which scan u use
I was using avast as I liked it, they found something but couldn't remove it, this worried me, so I downloaded the free version of AVG, it found a Trojan Horse and removed it at once. Sadly although I did like avast, perhaps AVG would be worth trying.



Good Luck %26 Happy New Year!



PS. I'm entitled to free Norton, but wouldn't use it as it's a resourse hog and the virus that you pay for.
Yes...It is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment