Monday, June 21, 2010

Top site (free of viruses) for downloading wallpapers?

I think www.tucows.com, www.download.com are good sites. I haven't had any problems with them. The way I can tell if it's a good site is the ratings and when I check a site out. If it has a lot of pop ups that attempt to attack your screen, then it's a bad site possibly infected with adware and spyware. Also when you do download a wallpaper or screensaver, be careful to read everything on the download box that appears when it's downloading. Because right in the midst of your wallpaper or screensaver download, extra stuff that you don't want like toolbars containing spyware, adware, and possible viruses can be downloaded at the same time. It's your choice whether you want that toolbar or other additive or don't want it. Me, I don't want it so I uncheck it before going any further. That prevents my computer from getting infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment