Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can ferrets catch human viruses?

They *can't* catch colds, but they can catch the flu (and humans can catch the flu from their ferrets). They can also get other illnesses which mimic cold-like symptom, this is why people believe ferrets can catch a cold from a human. The rhinovirus (the virus responsible for the common cold) is species specific and cannot be passed between humans and ferrets. If your ferret is showing cold-like symptoms, it most likely has the flu or some other type of respiratory infection.



Can ferrets catch human viruses?norton antivirus



yes....ferrets catch teh same type of cold and flu that humans catch



Can ferrets catch human viruses?security



I have had ferrets for years and often I found that when they got illnesses similar to colds or influenza's, it was when I or a family member had them. Almost every vet I took them to (because if your ferret catches something, I would recommend a vet, sometimes a simple thing that seems like a cold sky rockets into a near death illness) said that they could not catch any illness from humans. I am going based on experience. One vet however, one of the best ones I ever had for my ferrets, told me that they could in fact catch colds or influenza's from humans. She also said that most vets would tell me otherwise so who knows.... Just be very, very careful if you get ill, do not breathe on them and wash your hands thoroughly when handling them or anything to do with them. Just in case of course ^n.n^

No comments:

Post a Comment