Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is anyone expert on viruses???

I just did a viral scan, and found a Win 32 Rootkit.



I was wondering how bad that is, and



what damage it could do?



Also, I heard those are often transmitted



to the computer via Music CD's!?



Just recently, I listen to 6 music CD's



on my comuter using Windows Media Player.



Could the Rootkit malware have entered the



comuter from the CD's???



Thanks!



Is anyone expert on viruses???norton



It probably will have come from the cds. Sony created the idea of a root kit and it was to stop piracy. The idea was that the root kit would run before you could access the cd in your computer and stop you from copying them. It kind of backfired when they didnt make it secure, so somebody hacked them to be malicious. At least you suspected the cds, as you would have had a reccuring problem if you played the cd after removing the rootkit, as it would just return.



What antivirus do you use.



AVG 7.5 free will alert you as viruses run because it scans everything as it runs. It will detect the rootkit before it can do any harm.



Hopefully the rootkit was from the cds, as long as they are the originals.



Is anyone expert on viruses???spyware remover



Hmm. Well I design virus' for server companies (Legally as a test on there security - I get paid for it). It is slightly dangerous but not too damaging. I doubt it will have come in with those CD's unless they are illigal pirate copies. Anyway I reccommend you remove it just incase it does anything bad. It is a virus which hides other virus'



Here is how to remove it -



http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/ency...

No comments:

Post a Comment