Thursday, October 8, 2009

Help slow computer. No viruses? What's wrong?

My pc was having problems. I ran avg and got rid of the problem I had. But now my pc is sooooo slow and I can't fix it. I've done all the scan disk. defrag. cleaned up un needed files and still slower than slow. sometimes locks up. Sometimes it says my virtual memory is too low. How to I change that? and is that my only problem? Please help. Thanks?



Help slow computer. No viruses? What's wrong?norton



Try some normal, routine maintenance:



1. Set wallpaper and screensavers to blank or none 鈥?they run continuously in the background and use memory.



-----right-click on the desktop, select Properties



-----click the screensaver tab, on the left where it says "screensaver," select none.



-----click the desktop tab, for background, select none



2. Review your start menu 鈥?remove anything you don鈥檛 need on a daily basis 鈥?load games, etc. on an as-needed basis.



-----click Start, Settings, Taskbar and Start Menu



-----click the Start Menu tab



-----select a program you do not want to load at Startup, then click remove.



-----Caution -- do not touch anything you are not sure of or you will mess up your computer royally.



3. From Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options: delete cookies, delete files (offline), and clear history. (You can also set days to store history to 0.)

No comments:

Post a Comment