Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Toddlers, Daycare, and cold viruses?

last week I had to send my son to Day Care because the woman who usually watches him at her home had a sick kid of her own at home. Her girls are older grade school. Like 3rd and 5th grade. My son is one year old.



She didn't watch him last week so she could take care of her own kid. Now the other one is sick.



While in daycare, he picked up a cold from some of the other kids. I noticed on Tuesday that several of them had runny noses. By Wednesday, he picked up what they had. Friday he was miserable.



Wehoped his regular babysitter would be back by tomorrow... and after a peaceful weekend, I hoped he'd feel better.



He seems to feel better, but is not eating much and still has the runny nose.



So my question is... if he is on the mend... will he get more sick if he goes back to daycare where it seems they always have someone with a cold?



I think my hubby is going to stay home so he can watch him.... but if our babysitter is actually flaking out on us...



Toddlers, Daycare, and cold viruses?virus protection software



My son first went to a daycare when he was 13 months old and would constantly keep falling sick. I had to quit my job temporarily to baby sit him and have found out that kids that age are well off at home with a nanny or a family member or in smaller day-cares (not more than 5 children). Kids have poor immune system until the age of 2 and so they should be exposed as less as possible to a larger group of children, where they can contact viral infections very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment